We have several fundraising tools available to help you in raising funds to
participate in the Kolar Toyota ALS Fishing Tournament.
If incoming money is not a direct contribution from a business or individual,
but rather a fundraising event, please use this form to let us know more about your event.
If you raise more than $500 as an individual, you will earn an incentive prize. Prize list coming soon!!
Notes about donations:
- All cash donations are fully tax-deductible.
- Credit card donations are accepted via Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- Each participant assumes responsibility for donation collection.
- Never Surrender Inc will send a thank you / tax receipt to each donor as long as there is a full name and current mailing address. Use a donation form to accompany cash donations so that receipts can be mailed to the donors.
- For supporters who donate online, an immediate thank you receipt is sent via email.
- Why would I want to change my fundraising goal after I have communicated to potential donors my established goal?
Many of our anglers find that they can surpass their original goal that they set for themselves. If you’ve already reached your goal and are still requesting donations, some donors may be less likely to donate. By raising your goal, it shows that you’re dedicated to the cause and want to go above and beyond.
- What should my fundraising goal be?
Your minimal goal is $200 as a virtual angler and $250 for fishing on Island Lake. There are incentive prizes for raising more than the minimum. Be sure to change your fundraising goal on your website to match the goal you set!
- I don't want to write my own fundraising email. Is there a sample one I can use?
We try to make this process as easy as possible for our anglers. Therefore, we created templates that you can use to send to potential donors, with places for you to plug in a few personal details such as your name and fundraising goal. Use one of our SIX EASY-TO-USE TEMPLATES to get started.
Asking for donations is not always easy for some folks. The good news is that you can choose which method works best for you.
- Be sure to explain WHY you are asking for financial support.
- Let the potential donor(s) know how the funds are used.
- Ask the potential donor(s) if their employer participates in matching gifts. This is an easy way to double a contribution!
Writing Letters or Emails
- Ask for support in person! Nothing is better than a conversation letting people know how why you choose to Cast for a Cause.
- Write a letter or note. Use one of our SIX EASY-TO-USE TEMPLATES to get started. You will have to personalize some parts of the letter(s). Some anglers find success by providing a self-addressed, stamped envelope
- Try posting a link to your fundraising page from Facebook. It's very easy! (see below under Facebook)
Participant Center Guide
- Follow a step by step participant center guide to set up your personal website (content may show another event, but the instructions are the same)
- Send emails and watch the donations fly in!
- To view past donor lists, use this handy guide (content may show another event, but the instructions are the same)
Log into your Participant Center for a 1-step instruction to set up Facebook Fundraising. If you would like to do Facebook Fundraising the "old fashioned" way or want to use your Twitter or other social media account, follow these easy-to-use instructions.
See our dedicated page on Matching Gifts. This is an easy way to maximize donations.
See our dedicated page on raffles. This is an easy way to raise many dollars.
Looking for an event to boost your fundraising? We recommend taking a look around your community – there are a lot of festivals, fairs and other events probably happening in your own backyard. Host a bake sale, garage sale, bocce ball tournament or more! Make sure you check with local the event organizers in order to receive permission and discuss any pertinent details.
To find an event in Minnesota: CLICK HERE
To find an event in North Dakota: CLICK HERE
To find an event in South Dakota: CLICK HERE
To find an event in Wisconsin: CLICK HERE
Utilize collection boxes to raise funds in the fight against ALS. All funds raised will count toward your fundraising goal. The collection boxes work great in high traffic retail locations such as:
- Convenience stores
- Gas stations
- Bowling alleys
- Coffee shops
Call or email Sandy to get started. email@example.com or 218-302-1331.
To get your creative thoughts moving, you can review our A to Z fundraising ideas sheet to host your own fundraising event!