Black Wood Blizzard Tour
At our Welcome Home Celebration Dinner, we honored former Senator, David Tomassoni, for his work in
securing a legacy gift of $25M in the fight against ALS.
Watch the Tomassoni video here.
Funding the Fight Against ALS
February 8-11, 2023
- Link for Calendar Winners Posted Here
- Ranger Winners were as follows: 1st place (Polaris Ranger or $10,000): Pete Hammer of Duluth, MN with ticket 5151; 2nd place ($1,000): Dan Lone with ticket 12409; and 3rd place ($500 cash): Suzanne Grassman of Ramsey, MN with ticket 7048
- Cash Raffle winnners were as follows: 1st place ($3,500): Team 8 (a group of riders) with ticket 192, who donated the funds back to Never Surrender Inc; 2nd place ($1,000): Alex Thoreson of Duluth, MN with ticket 244, and 3rd place ($500): Kurt Schwarz of Excelsior, MN with ticket 213, who als donated the funds back to Never Surrender Inc.
- Ice Castle Winner was Roxanne Gerads of Milaca with ticket 1195
How to Support the Black Woods Blizzard Tour:
- Donate to a specific rider or to the event.
Pre-registration is required for this event. Riders must be at least 21 years of age and willing to donate or fundraise. Money raised will help people living with ALS. Participants must raise, or donate, a minimum of $2,000. First year participants have a one-time incentive with a minimum of $1,500. There is a $200 registration fee, which will be processed with a credit card at the time of your online registration.This registration fee is included in your event fundraising totals. Registration fees are entirely non-refundable.
Participants gather at Black Bear Casino Resort, our official host of the Black Woods Blizzard Tour. Black Bear Casino Resort is located in Carlton, the evening of Wednesday, February 8th. They depart on snowmobiles Thursday morning for Fortune Bay Resort Casino, with a stop for lunch. Friday morning they hop on their sled for a second day of riding into Grand Rapids. Riders arrive at Timberlake Lodge in Grand Rapids for dinner and conversation. Saturday morning riders head back to Black Bear Casino Resort. Our Celebration Dinner concludes Saturday evening with dinner, auction and program, right at Black Bear Casino Resort. Most meals, lodging, fuel and oil are provided during the event.
Funding the Fight Against ALS:
Proceeds from the Black Wood Blizzard Tour benefit individuals living with ALS and their families. ALS is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. ALS usually strikes people between the ages of 40 - 70, but it can strike anyone at any time. Although there is no cure or treatment yet, advances in scientific research have made significant progress in understanding what causes ALS. In both 2020 and 2021, Never Surrender Inc donated over $1 million in the Fight Against ALS.